I know I'm a little behind with this, but things have been crazy around here! Nash is 6 1/2 months old now and had his 6 month check up this past week. He is healthy as can be!!! My guesstimations were close, but he officially clocked in at 19 lbs 7 oz (80th %ile) and 28 inches long (95th %ile) - so he's still my big boy! He is continually getting more active - he WANTS me to put him on the floor sometimes and he can manuever all around our living room. He is starting to follow me (by crawling on his belly) from the living room to the kitchen. I think I need to move the dog food bowl b/c I caught him going for it 2 different times today, and he dumped the water on himself and my niece, Grace, this past week. He's also getting really good at sitting up - the past 2 nights in the bath tub he sat without any hand support for a couple of minutes. Speaking of baths - I think that's his favorite time of day! He also still loves to go outside and LOVES to play with Tootsie (which really consists of him grabbing a handful of her hair while she licks him square in the mouth) - I think they would both sit there and do that all day if I let them! We are slowly starting to introduce some baby foods - still likes rice cereal, he thought applesauce was pretty good too, but carrots caused a rebellion (spitting, gagging, pushing the spoon away, refusing to open his mouth) - we'll try that again later. Really, we have it easy - he's healthy, he sleeps well, eats well, and is overall just good-tempered. Every day that I go to work with my special needs babies, I appreciate all the more what challenges so many families face every day. Having Nash has made me a more compassionate and better therapist (and person in general , I think) and I thank God for that!!! Enjoy the pics!
My attempt at posing him on our bed
This is my favorite shirt that fits right now - it's a "Mom" tatoo if you can't see it. Thanks Aunt Cheryl!
Fun in the bath! Out of all those actual bath toys we have for him, he still prefers the old plastic cup! For Christamas I'm thinking of just getting him tissue paper and big empty boxes (j/k!!;)

No comments:
Post a Comment