Friday, September 11, 2009

It's AMAZING what can happen in a week!!!

Wow! That's all I can say for how fast Mr. Nash is developing! In the last week he has:
1. Got 2 bottom teeth
2. Learned how to get on his hands and knees and rock
3. Started sitting up for 5-10 minutes with no support
4. Said "ma-ma-ma" (ok - more like screamed it when he was crying and I don't think he knows he's calling me, but it progress folks!!!)
5. Figured out applesauce is pretty yummy

As for the rest of us - Mark went on the 8th Annual River Trip to the Guadalupe River with our college buddies. This was the first year I couldn't make it and I was a little torn at first, but then Nash did all that cool stuff and I wouldn't have wanted to miss that!!! Mark had a great time, as usual! Thanks to the Nelson's for taking care of him!

Nash and I went to the country, where, I'm pretty sure I feel the most at home. We went to visit my best friend, Emily, and her sweet family. Emily is a "retired" art teacher who moved in with her Pepaw in De Leon, TX this summer to focus on her art full-time. She is such an adventurous soul and I love that about her!!! You all should check out her website where she posts her artwork: http://www.emilyjeanstewart.com/. She mostly does paintings, but I think she's also a budding photographer (see her work in the pics later in this posting). Anyways, with Emily and her family helping me with Nash, I think he had a blast!!! There was always someone around to give him undivided attention (which is the kind of attention he prefers!). Saturday night he showed off by crawling around the floor and giggling until 11:30 pm - he was just having so much fun, he did not want to go to sleep! However, we all paid for that the next morning at little De Leon Church of Christ, when he was so tired that he had a little meltdown in the cry room - I thought it was sound-proof, but apparently not b/c everyone came up us after church and laughed about it. Ooops!

I prayed last week for God to reveal myself to me - the good and the bad - b/c I tend to be better at reading others than I read myself. He hasn't disappointed! I've learned a lot about myself lately and it is rather humbling. Self-reflection is always that way for me! So, please pray that God continues this work he has started in me and that I will have an open heart for the changes I need to make! One side of me struggles with liking some semblance of order and structure, but this project is never-ending and definitely not conducive to my rules, so also pray that I LOOSEN UP!!!! And let God do his magic in me.




These first three pictures are the ones Emily took on her Pepaw's porch! I LOVE them!!!! I think I'm going to get them framed.

Emily wearing Nash's bib. he!he! Makes me giggle!

I swear I say, "Tootsie, quit licking!!!" 20x a day - but as you can see, Nash encourages her!

My Cutie Patootie

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures of Nash. He is getting so big. Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete