2. Nash met his great-grandfather, Grandaddy, and Marie. He also met his cousins, Jake and Grace (who is 5 days younger than him).
3. Nash wore camo for the first time just for Pops
4. Nash is sleeping well at night in the bassinet and starting to nap in the crib (as of today). I know, I know.....I have spoiled him rotten holding him for naps during the day - we both just get SOOO much more sleep that way! I have no trouble getting him to fall asleep - just to stay asleep without being held is our struggle. I was going to wait til 2 mos to start trying, however, he will start going to the babysitter in 2 weeks and I know she can't hold him all day. So, today was our first real attempt at the crib. The first half of the day was TERRIBLE - we both cried ALOT. But, then he had a 2hr. nap in the early afternoon with only one waking and he went right back to sleep with a little help from our best friend, the pacifier ( I wish there was a way to strap it to his face without it being a strangle hazard). I'm not really letting him cry it out just yet - I'm just trying to comfort him without picking him up. He's asleep again in there right now (fingers are crossed). I haven't gotten any sleep today myself, though, b/c I'm so nervous that he will wake any moment and want that pacifier back. It is so much worse just barely reach the land of nod, only to be startled awake, than to just skip that nap. Please pray that this gets easier. I think I miss holding him just as much as he misses it.
5. Nash loves to look the stripes on the wall when he's on his changing table - he used to scream at every diaper change, so this is a GREAT development!

What a little chunk! I swear he looks bigger just from the last post to this one. I can't believe he's already 6 weeks old! Are you dreading going back to work, or are you ready to get back to a routine? What's your schedule going to be? If you want to get together for lunch someday before you have to go back to the grind, let me know, I'd love to have an excuse! I know when Luke was that age, on days I didn't work I either spent the whole day running errands, or just chilling at home because it was too much trouble to get out! Anyway, I enjoy the updates!
ReplyDeleteyes - let's do lunch! I start back to work April 22, but just 2 days a week (probably tues/Thur). I'm still dreading it.
ReplyDeleteWhat a BIG boy! I cannot believe how big he is! Love the smiles..... they make it all worth it!
ReplyDelete