Monday, April 20, 2009

God is good!

God is good, folks! He has blessed this Brannon house tremendously! We are all doing well. Nash is 8 weeks old and is continuing to grow at a crazy rate. Today he weighed 14 lbs on our scale and is in 3 month clothes, some of which are getting too short. Last week I had to put some of his clothes away b/c he had outgrown so much of it. It kinda made me sad that he will never be that size again, but I guess that's how it's supposed to be.
He still is not much of a daytime napper - short 30 min naps max if he's not being held. My friends and family keep encouraging me that it should get better in a month or so (thanks Katie and Monica for letting me vent to you!). However, he's a champion sleeper at night - going 5-6 hrs at a time, so REALLY, I have it good. It is amazing how much mental and emotional clarity comes with 5 hrs. of straight sleep as opposed to 3! I can see now how sleep deprivation is a form of torture. I am starting to feel human again.
I WAS supposed to go back to work this week, but I just couldn't do it yet! I called my wonderful boss, Rebecca, and she was so sweet and understanding. So, I am taking my full maternity leave (12 wks), which is another month. That decision has been such a load off my heart!
Mr. Nash is showing lots of personality. We are gathering that he seems to be a passionate person. He goes from smiling and giggling to ticked at the world with little to no warning, but then also recovers quickly. He smiles and talks to us frequently and really seems to be distinguishing mom and dad from the rest of you (yes -he's a mama's boy and that's ok for the next few years!).
I haven't been very good at taking pictures the last couple of weeks, but here are a couple of our favorites.

This is him chillin' in the sling. He is finding his thumb more and more often - such a Brannon! =)

1 comment:

  1. I meant to comment on the last one, so I am going to comment here on both of them.

    Q loves staring at the polka dots on his wall above his changing table like Nash stares at the stripes. It is nice to have him distracted now. Last week, he started talking to them and laughing at them, it is so funny!!!

    I am glad you get to spend another month at home. I know you will enjoy every minute!

    I can't wait until Nash and Quentin get to have play dates!!!

    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete