Monday, April 27, 2009

Our Precious Jake

I had a feeling I just needed to call my mom today. When I did, I could tell she was upset. Turns out, she had just gotten the news from Ty and Amy (my bro and sis-n-law) that Jake (my 2yr. old nephew) is going to have to have open heart surgery AGAIN. His last surgery, when he was 10 mos, repaired the mitral valve and the hole in his heart. Since then, a membrane has grown in his aortic valve and it is 75% blocked. This is apparently a rare side effect of the first surgery. So, in the next couple of months Jake will have to have that membrane removed. Please cover the McCathran family in prayer as they prepare to go through this again. Pray that Jake will recover quickly!

Jake, Aunt Destin, and Grace at Casey's wedding

No comments:

Post a Comment