Nash is great! Busy, healthy, funny, busy, inquisitive, happy, cute, busy, little boy! He's 11 months now and doing all the things he should and some things he shouldn't! His need to explore has officially superseded his desire to please Mom at all times. He used to just cry and come crawling back to us when we told him "No". Now that doesn't seem to phase him too much - darn it! He can throw quite the full-body tantrum - sometimes I have to hide behind the door because the extremity of it makes me laugh! I'm glad he's developing a mind of his own, but after keeping him away from the fireplace, plug outlets, electrical cords, door hinges, the street, and the oven each multiple times a day, I kinda wish he didn't feel the need to test me quite so much. And that's just the stuff that could hurt him - there's also the phones, climbing on the coffee table, china cabinet, folded laundry, any form of paper, dog food, my drinks, a stray dust bunny that got away, etc...! My mantra lately is "I'm teaching him I'm consistent. Deep down he WANTS me to be consistent!" I hope it doesn't sound like I'm complaining - it really is wonderful that he's so curious and one day being strong willed will serve him well. But right now, Mommy's so tired she can't stay awake to read Harry Potter!
My mom came for a visit this past weekend and Nash had so much fun - he loves undivided attention! We did too! She volunteered to let us have two date nights in a row - AWESOME! He is doing better at realizing that people other than Mom, Dad, and Jill (our stupendous babysitter/friend) can love and take care of him. This makes date nights much easier!
He has started pretending to talk on the phone. He always does this same grunting sound - I hope I don't sound like that on the phone!

Man, he's cute and growing SO fast! We've got to come see him again before he's talking on a real cell phone! :0)
ReplyDeleteSo glad you're loving HP! Can't wait to see Nash later this month and give him lots of kisses! He is SO sweet!
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean. I started reading it when Q was about 6 months old and it took me about a month to read them all. I had borrowed them, so I asked for them for Christmas and I'm about to start reading them again! I can't believe our boys are about to be ONE!!! Crazy how time flies!!! See you soon!
ReplyDelete