The weekend was so busy, Nash had several mini-meltdowns by the time Saturday rolled around...and I HATE that b/c it always seems to happen at family stuff...and I feel like people don't realize what a sweet, kind, joyful, and well-mannered kiddo he is 98% of the time. Oh well - I know it! My wise sister-in-law, Jill, reminded me, "You can't control what other people think. You can only control your own thoughts." (I need that reminder quite frequently...ya'll pray about that, please.) Despite my diatribe there, it TRULY was a fun weekend!
The older I get, the more I appreciate my family - I really do have a good one. This weekend was all about Pops! If you don't know him, I don't really know how to explain him. God broke the mold. He is obsessed with all manly things like hunting and fishing and grilling - yet "Unchained Melody" is his favorite song. He is a retired teacher - but he is still trying to teach anyone who'll listen how to make something or fix something up (usually relating to hunting, fishing, or grilling). He'll make you work like a dog - but he'll give you the shirt off his back if you need it. He sounds all rough and gruff when he talks - but he tells you he loves you every chance he gets. If you've just met him - you'll probably be over for dinner tonight. He doesn't complain (much), doesn't make excuses, just thanks the Lord for his good fortune. That's my dad! We love you, Pops!
Mark raking the snow so we can start setting up the tables
(Doesn't Pops look sharp!? This is the same man who changed into a Wranglers and a t-shirt at our wedding reception b/c he couldn't stand the tux any longer. Looking back, I shouldn't have made him wear a tux. Some things just don't matter!)
This boy ate his weight in snow! He LOVED it! His fingers were blue, his face was red and chapped, but he just couln't stop! Can't wait to do snow cones this summer.

You got some great pictures! Thanks for capturing the party!
ReplyDelete