Let me just say - I am the luckiest girl in the world!
(Is it weird that I still think of myself as a"girl" - I AM 29 yrs old, married for 7 yrs., and a mother now. You'd think at some point I would refer to myself as a woman, but I just don't want to yet! Anyways, back to why I'm so lucky...) I am married to a sweet man
(and incredibly manly man, might I add - don't mean to skew your image, Hon. ) who works his
hiney off so I can stay home most of time with our precious son. This same man brought me flowers for no reason this week, changes diarrhea diapers, AND comes home after an 11 hr work day and lets me have a bath/break every night without complaining. I really feel sorry for everyone not married to Mark! (J/K!) I also am totally in love with my son - he seriously has made life better with his chubby little cheeks and grabby hands! ALSO, we have wonderful friends and family!
(Speaking of family - my nephew, Jake is doing awesome after heart surgery 3 weeks ago - thanks for all your prayers!) Most of all, we have a GREAT and good God, who is still great and good when we aren't so lucky in life. So, I thank Him for all my blessings, knowing that all good things come from Him, and knowing He can make good come from all the bad things - He's a win-win, folks.
As for an update on Nash - he's kinda had a rough week. He had just recovered from
jet lag and then, he started hardcore teething (diarrhea and all). But, even at his worst - he's not bad at all! Just needed some extra cuddling - and LOTS of
Boudreaux's Butt Paste! He is doing lots of new stuff! He will now reach out for you to hold him, he will roll consecutively across the room, he started rice cereal, and he can roll his
d's so that it sounds like a machine gun. He's steady getting bigger ( in the 19 lb range, I think) and his eyes are getting darker brown, and his hair is getting blonder. Here are some pics from this past week:

He has this brief period before all Hades breaks loose when he's tired where he is delirious and will laugh at anything! Here, he is cracking up at Mark for absolutely no reason, but notice how tired he is from the red/puffy eyes.

I laid him on the quilt to play while I was loading the car to go and when I came back in to get him, I had a brief moment of panic b/c I couldn't find him - oh wait! There he is - under the coffee table laughing and having a good ole time scaring me to death! Did I mention he can roll consecutively???

This was our first attempt at rice cereal - he was none too fond, as you can see! However, the next time I mixed it with breast milk instead of formula &
Presto! - he loves it! A man of refined taste, I guess.
Love your honesty...thanks for posting.
ReplyDeleteha ha... 'refined taste.' That made me laugh out loud! I'm so glad I was able to spend some time with you this past weekend. I'm looking forward to Labor Day. Love you bunches.
ReplyDeleteHe is just SO cute! Wait until he can stand, you are going to have to start picking breakables up and moving them to higher places! Hang in there, teething doesn't last forever!
ReplyDelete