These are some of my most recent revelations:
- "They grow up so fast!" isn't just some old adage - people say it all the time b/c it's TRUE! Nash will be 5 mos tomorrow and I can't believe how fast it has gone by!
- The highlight of my day is talking about "goo" and "doo-doo" (that's all Nash can say right now - I guess potty humor starts early!)
- I do NOT function well on little sleep - I think that is why God had mercy on me and gave me a baby that sleeps well most of the time. In reference to this, Nash rolls from his tummy to his back all the time now, which has caused a bit of sleep interruption (b/c he sleeps on his belly). Needless to say, the therapist in me has him working on rolling back to tummy frequently throughout the day. It makes him mad sometimes - Sorry, Nash, I can't help myself!
- Family is a precious gift! I have a new respect for parents who raise their children alone. I vow to be more sympathetic and helpful to the single parents/grandparents I work with. We are SO blessed on both sides to have such a supportive family!
- Packing for a 5 month old to go to Europe for 10 days is a little overwhelming. You're probably saying, "Shut up b/c - you get to go to Europe for 10 days!" Yes, I know, I know - sorry. We are going to Heidelberg, Germany and Paris with our church praise team in a few days. We are so excited, but also a little nervous about travelling that far with an infant. Thank goodness that JoJo (my mom) is coming with us and everyone on the praise team has said they will fight over him when we say the word.
- People (me included) will do ANYTHING to get a baby to laugh! Silly songs, dances and noises are part of our daily repertoire.
- Oxyclean works miracles on "mustard" - that's our code word for diaper explosions.
- Breastfeeding an 18 lb. baby makes one ravenous ALL the time! I swear I eat enough food to sustain an 800 lb. grizzly bear.
- Speaking of grizzlies - I have found a new appreciation for the National Geographic channel and CMT. I pretty much watch/listen to those channels exclusively now instead of having daytime crap on. I learned from Mike Rowe that grizzly bears eat a lot!
- I feel like a teeny-bopper, but I love the Black Eyed Peas. "I've Got a Feeling" makes me happy!
- People who pay their mortgage payments on time have a harder time re-financing their house than those who don't. I won't get on my soap box, but, Mark and I have decided to put our house up for sale and move a little further out of the city. Partly b/c the cost of the re-fi is outrageous when compared to just moving and getting a good deal when home prices are lower. So, right now as I'm typing, Mark is putting ceramic tile in the bathrooms to spruce things up a bit.
- Watching your child make a total mess is so worth the hassle of cleaning it up when you see how much fun they're having. Nash learned how to splash in the bath - I mean soaking Mom and the entire bathroom kind of splashing!
- It's not worth doing my hair or weraring jewelry anymore. Nash grabs at EVERYTHING! Not only hair and earrings, but noses, phones, cups, remote controls - everything! I'll need to start baby-proofing the house before too long!
OK - enough of my ramblings- here's Nash!
Pops (my dad) and Nash
Pops and Nonnie came to Granbury for their anniversary, so we met them for dinner. Happy anniversary Dad and Miss Donna!
Our good friends from Lubbock, Kevin & Sarah, came to visit a couple of weeks ago. These are their kids, Caleb & Anna with Nash. Nash just whispered, "Why don't ya'll talk your parents into moving to Fort Worth so we can play together more often!"
Prop sitting!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment