Destin's Top 10 Rationale for Choosing her Basketball Bracket
1. Arizona to beat Utah in 1st round - marital obligation
2. A&M to beat BYU in 1st round - b/c the Mormons only slightly out-crazy the Aggies
3. Minnesota to beat UT in 1st round - the coach's name is "Tubby" - now that's just funny
4. Oklahoma St. to beat Tennessee in 1st round - b/c that orange jacket the Tenn. coach wears is HIDEOUS - seriously, it physically hurts my eyes
5. LSU to beat Butler in 1st round - family obligation
6. Oklahoma to make Elite 8 - that's for my sister-in-law, Amy, who sometimes cries when Oklahoma loses. I'm just proud of her for being a true female sports authority.
7. Duke to make the Elite 8 - b/c in UFC I like to pick the guy with the worst cauliflower ear and in this case, Duke's coach looks awfully mean - ya know, like he's been in a few fights himself
8. Memphis to go to Final 4 - b/c it is a good ole southern city with good music and good BBQ
9. Kansas to go to final 2 - b/c my great uncle, Cal Downs, worked there for many years
10. North Carolina to win it all - b/c my Lubbock homies like them and b/c blue is my favorite color
There you have it! I hope I beat you all!!! Oh yeah, Nash says, "Happy St. Patrick's Day!"
I bought this shirt for my nephew, Jake, when he was born. Little did I know 2 yrs later my son would be wearing it. =)

Fantastic post and rationale. I also like most of your picks, but for way less interesting reasons. Carrie won a bunch of cash our sophomore year because she liked the name "Gonzaga." Happy St Paddy's day to you guys, too.
ReplyDeleteAdam T.
These are about the same reasons I make my pics. One year Spruce and I entered a pool for money and I got first without having a clue what I was doing. Sometimes I just pick a team because they have a fun name!
ReplyDeleteLove you blog Destin! And loved your pick reasoning...
ReplyDeleteAnd Aunt Cheryl is needing some Nash time!
Belated congratulations. Glad to see that you entered blogland. Bloggers are far superior to facebookers.
ReplyDeleteMark, the fish are biting.
Destin, let Mark come fishing with me.